According to a study conducted by Hubspot, companies that own a blog and post content on it have 97% more inbound links than their counterparts. To achieve such success, you need to get people to read your content. Your main focus should be to give your blog as resuscitation as possible.
This blog will guide you on how to create a successful blog that will help your business scale up and achieve the results you have been look forward to for months. Chances are that some of the strategies that we are going to discuss you already know them, but we are going to approach them from an entirely new angle.
Strategy 1: Publish a Kindle Book
In the recent past, you needed to have thousands of dollars to have your book published by one of the renowned publishing companies. That’s changed and self-published books get 31% more sales on Amazon Kindle Store. Anyone who has a worthy idea can now put together an e-book and post it on Amazon within a week or less, and more importantly drive more organic traffic to their blog.
When the book is ready and you publish it, you can enroll it in the Kindle Direct Publishing Select Program. By doing so, your book will be available exclusively on Kindle Store for 90 days as well as in the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library where readers can borrow it to read for free. If you like, you can successfully run a free promotion for a paid e-book for 5 days of these 90 days.
Now, to get more blog traffic using your Kindle book, you have to do the following:
- Include a link to your website inside the book
- Offer free giveaways
The above screenshot shows how you can link directly to your website or blog inside the book before you join the Kindle Direct Publishing Program. By using this strategy, Chris Guthrie managed to get more than 200 new blog visitors in just 30 days. Note that the higher your ranking on Kindle Store, the more the traffic the book will channel to your blog.
Sure, linking directly to your site will help you get traffic but to get even more visitors and stand out from the crowd, consider giving free giveaways. Go an extra mile and place a call-to-action on the forth page of your e-book and place a link back to your blog or website landing page.
In most cases, free books can provide 1000+ visitors in a week and more than 6,500 site visitors per month. It is also important to note that free downloads attract the attention of audiences better and rank higher than the paid Kindle books.
Strategy 2: Create Viral Content
It’s every Singapore digital marketer’s goal to create viral content, but majority of them fail because they do not take time to master the art of creating this kind of content. The first secret to creating viral content is writing catchy headlines that will get people to click to read the content.
Studies have shown that headlines are more effective in luring people to read when they are polarizing. You either hate it or love it, it does not give anyone room to stand on the fence.
We live in a world where Clickbaits and fake news are the order of the day. For purposes of this blog, a good headline should grasp the attention of the reader and be followed by quality, trustworthy, and valuable content. Ideally, the content and product should back up the headline.
Buzzsumo, the leading viral content publisher has found out that longer posts (3,000-10,000 words) are shared more than the short articles. What you need to understand is that more words offer more SEO opportunities and this in the end translate into higher conversion rates.
Here are four reasons why you should write longer posts.
- People are still writing 500 word posts, therefore, beefed up articles are destined for greatness. They will stand out from the crowd
- Longer articles are ideal for organic leads and backlinks
- Since you spend time doing research and compiling the facts, the reader will find every piece of content they are looking for in the article, they will not have to visit another site to supplement the info
- Your posts will remain relevant for longer. They have immense staying power and can be repurposed multiple times
The third secret to creating viral content is locating an idea that is most likely to go viral on the various social media sites. Here is a guide on how to get these ideas.
- Get a good understanding of the audience
- Use Buzzsumo to get awesome content ideas
- Ubersuggest can help you generate content ideas
- Read the comments to get ideas
- Read reviews posted online
- Generate ideas from Answers The Public
- Content curation for ideas
Strategy 3: Learn to Create Evergreen Content
Evergreen list articles have been proven to effective in increasing blog search traffic tenfold. According to a study by Moz, evergreen articles have content whose relevance and success is long-lived. They can generate traffic for your blog for many years after publication.
The main challenge is to know if a particular idea has evergreen potential. Here are two secrets on how to jump this hurdle.
The first step is making sure that at least one publication related to the subject or topic you want to write a list article on is available online. A quick search on magazines.com using the primary keyword “marketing” revealed more than 50 marketing magazines.
The second step is evaluating the list posts that have evergreen potential and achieved significant social media success. For example:
- 40 Blogging Tips to Win More Customers
- 73 Cool Ways to Create Content for Specific Audiences
These two posts succeed because each of them offers a specific promise and the posts are relevant to the audience. More importantly, they address a specific topic.
Note that the higher the number in the title, the higher its chances of going viral and remaining relevant. Also, odd numbers are more popular with most blog article readers than even numbers.
Avoid copying already existing headlines; instead, use them as an inspiration to come up with your own.
Strategy 4: Long-Tail Keyword Domination
Before you embark on doing keyword research, create a spreadsheet. In one of the columns, add the URL and in the next one add the key phrase that is associated with the URL. As you start evaluating the competition and search volume of each keyword, don’t forget to create some context as this is where the long-tail keywords will come in handy.
For example, a keyword such as “furniture” is popular but too generic. Thousands of people who are searching for it have zero interest in buying furniture. Compare that with “antique love seat” you get a fraction of the search volume by the people who use it are more likely to buy
SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) are based on users browsing history. Keyword rankings are less important than searcher location and intent. Google will use everything that it knows about you and use that information to decide which results to display. In fact, it probably knows what you want before your complete typing the keyword phrase by using its inherent power of prediction.
Take time to look for long-tail keyword phrases that have low or minimal competition. Here are three reasons why long-tail keywords are great.
- They let you know the intent of the searcher. If someone uses “buy polo t-shirt” you know exactly what they are looking for and the stage in the sales funnel
- They inform the structure of your content to solve the searcher’s problem. If the searcher is interested in buying, you can focus on the product benefits and features to deliver what they want
- They enable you to amicably meet a specific need
Strategy 5: Restructure Your Posts
Master the art of restructuring your articles to suit your target audiences. The feedback that they leave will help you to know if the content resonated with their needs and expectations. Comments such as “nice post” are red flags that the post did not meet their needs.
If you get such comments, you need to seriously consider the restructure the post to speak directly to the audience. By doing so, they will gladly cite, share, advocate, and promote it on their networks for free. This positive moves will increase your blog traffic thereby boost your chances of the blog being identified as an authority.
Get a competitive edge by understanding your target audience behaviors. Alexa is one of the best search engine tools that you can use for this purpose.
Bounce rate is the percentage number of website visitors who viewed one page but opted to leave. Here are some tweaks that you can use to lower the bounce rate.
- Responsive layout – making your site accessible across all devices will lower the bounce rate.
- Readable Text – if the text is not readable, users will bounce away from your blog. Choose a font that is easy to read.
- Boost site speed – fast page load speed will motivate visitors to stick on your blog and read the posts
Daily pageviews per visitor:
This is the average number of web pages that are viewed by the visitors at a given time frame. You can use this metric to know how interested they are in your content.
Here are two proven ways of increase pageviews per visitor.
- Related Content – At the end of the blog post, add “related articles section” with relevant posts that the reader can visit to get more insights on the topic
- Cross-linking within your content – adding links in your content enhance pageviews per visitor. This is based on the fact that links that are included in the content get more clicked than navigational menu links.
Daily Time on Site
Daily time on site can help you to know not only the quality of the content but also the value that your content offers to the audience. If the content is useful or controversial, rest assured that people will read and engage with it.
Here are tips that you can use to increase time on site by 62.5%
- Use more blockquotes, lists, bullets, and headings
- Writing long content does not mean people will actually read. Your main focus should be quality
- Increase readability by using pictures, but, limit the number of pictures if the posts are less than 2500 words
- Use a conversational tone “you” and “I” to connect with the audience
- Writing a conclusion and labeling it clearly will get more readers scrolling to the bottom to know what the post is all about if they don’t have time to go through the entire content
It is possible to increase blog traffic without spending thousands of dollars. Moral of the story is to make strategic decisions and continuously monitor the success you achieve at different stages to know if you are headed in the right direction.